Thursday, January 5, 2012

Juice of a Few Flowers Cocktail

This is a fun, festive and some would even say an elegant cocktail. A perfect cocktail for entertaining in the winter when citrus fruit is at its peak.


Juice of a Few Flowers
Makes 4 drinks
Recipe from Ina Garten

Ingredients:
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
1/2 cup freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice (1 grapefruit)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
1/4 freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
1 cup good vodka, such as grey Goose or Finlandia
Extra lemon juice
Granulated sugar
Fresh mint sprigs

Directions:
Combine the orange juice, grapefruit juice, lemon juice, lime juice, and vodka in a pitcher.  Dip the rims of 4 martini glasses first in a dish with lemon juice and then in a dish with sugar.

Set aside to dry.

When ready to serve, place ice cubes in a cocktail shaker, add the cocktail mixture to fill the shaker three-quarters full, and shake for about 30 seconds.  It's important to shake for a full 30 seconds to get the drink very cold and dilute it slightly with the ice.   Pour into the sugared martini glasses and garnish with  a sprig of mint.  Continue filling the shaker with ice and cocktail mixture until all the drinks are poured.  Serve ice-cold.

Note: If you want your drinks extra-cold, you can freeze the martini glasses before serving.


Enjoy!
Pin It

27 comments:

Sanchita said...

That is a lovely looking cocktail..and I love the decoration on the glass just like snowflakes so festive..

Rebecca said...

Yum! I bet it is like drinking a taste of summer :)

The Japanese Redneck said...

That's got to be good for ya with all that vitamin C!!!!

nanny said...

Just got home from shopping and now I have to go back.....I need grapefruit and mint!!!! This looks and sounds perfect for my taste buds. Thanks so much for the recipe!

Erica said...

You have the best drinks,Velva! Happy New Year!

Rebecca Subbiah said...

lovely adore citrus drinks

Pam said...

Yum! I'll drink to that! Happy New Year, Velva!

Michelle a.k.a. Farmchick said...

I love citrus drinks. This sounds very tempting.

Beth said...

What a lovely name for a drink!

EA-The Spicy RD said...

This sounds divine! Ina sure does know how to entertain :-) Happy New Year!

Catherine said...

Dear Velva, That certainly is an elegant drink.
My dear friend, have a wonderful and very blessed New Year.
Catherine xoxo

Just Cake Girl said...

mmmmmm yummy :)) it looks wonderfull :)

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

This looks like a perfect excuse to break out the Ketel One - this sounds delicious. I love all of the citrus flavors.

Kitchen Belleicious said...

a citrus cocktail in the winter! YUM!

A Canadian Foodie said...

oooo, I am puckering and drooling all at once... I laugh... good to make now when citrus is at its peak... haha... in Edmonton, it never peaks.
:)
V

Claudia said...

That is so elegant in its wintry combination. The name of the drink is perfect! Nobody does a cocktail as you do! You invite us for a small drink - filled with elegance.

Hungry Dog said...

I remember seeing Ina make this and thinking not only does it look good, the name is lovely!

Southerncook said...

Velva, I have all of Ina's cookbooks but have never made this cocktail. Actually one of her programs was aired recently where she did this drink but she was doing it for breakfast without the vodka, of course. I thought then that I should try this recipe. After seeing it on your blog...... it will be cocktail this evening.

Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

Mimi said...

Happy New Year Velva!
Except for the vodka, I have everything I need for this cocktail growing in the garden.
Cheers
Mimi

Tina (PinayInTexas) said...

Sounds like a very refreshing drink, Velva! I love the combination of flavors!

Magic of Spice said...

It's only noon and I want 2 :) Love the combination of juices here...delightful!
Happy New Year Velva, wishing you a magical year!

Barbara said...

I love this drink and posted the story behind it a while back. I use Ina's recipe too. Makes me feel so 30's!!

Happy New Year, Velva!

teresa said...

gorgeous! what a beautiful and delicious looking drink!

Sarah said...

Oh yum. I just made a cocktail with the pomegranate juice I squeezed. Must be cocktail season!

Loveforfood said...

i love to try the cocktail..

Katy ~ said...

My mouth was watering as I read this. Oh my, does it ever look tempting! I LOVE citrus!!

Kalyani's Platter said...

looks delicious and tempting clicks ....

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails