Saturday, September 14, 2013

Kiwi Fruit Martini Cocktail

Using the juice of ripe tropical fruit muddled into a cocktail shaker with just a hint of simple syrup and good quality vodka makes for the creation of a modern martini.

This martini is delicious, glamorous and proof that simple makes the statement.


Kiwi Martini Cocktail
Serves 1 (easily doubled)
Recipe from Cool Cocktails



Ingredients:
2 oz. vodka (or more if you choose)
A dash of simple syrup
1 fresh kiwi

Directions:
Crush a peeled sliced ripe kiwi in a shaker, using a muddler or flat end of a bar spoon.  Add ice, the measure of vodka and simple syrup to taste.  Shake and strain into a frosted martini glass.  Garnish with a slice of kiwi.

Enjoy!

18 comments:

Pam said...

Yes please!

sangeeta said...

I would love it.
Made a nice kiwi salsa for brunch today, Kiwi is so refreshing as a flavor :-)

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

What a gorgeous color for a martini. These would be a real hit at a party.
Sam

TexWisGirl said...

oh, that looks awesome on this hot texas day!

Stephanie Parker said...

I'll take one! Looks delicious!

Michelle said...

Perfect for a Sunday afternoon!

That Girl said...

I can't believe how easy this is!

Rambling Tart said...

I love ALL your drink recipes, Velva! :-) This is marvelous (and rather healthy to boot!) :-)

SweetMarie said...

sounds yummy!
have a nice week!
Marie

Monet said...

Goodness! How gorgeous! I just love that green hue (and I know I would love the flavor!) Thank you for sharing. What a sweet way to end my week (and start the new one!) I hope you have a wonderful Monday!

Angie Schneider said...

A very pretty drink!

Rhodesia said...

Cheers, that looks delicious. Have a good day, Diane

Mr. & Mrs. P said...

Simple and delicious! Love the color! Cheers!

Joanne said...

the kiwi makes this such a gorgeous color!

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

I love your cocktail posts - this is gorgeous!

Ramona JapaneseRedneck said...

very tasty looking

Karen Harris said...

Forwarding this onto my daughter. She is one kiwi lover and has been known to enjoy a martini with her friends every once in a while. Beautiful color.

cquek said...

yes 2 glasses please

Post a Comment