The jackpot has been won with this one bowl, one pan delight. I love to bake when I don't have to think too hard, and when dessert has an opportunity to be enjoyed as a guilt-free pleasure.
Dark Chocolate Black Bean Brownies
Recipe from Rebecca Andexler
1 can (15-ounces) Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
2 large eggs
4 tablespoons butter
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 piece of parchment paper
Butter, softened for greasing pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line 8"X 8"X 2" baking pan with parchment paper and grease with butter
3. Combine Black Beans, chocolate chips, flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, eggs, butter and vanilla extract in bowl of food processor.
4. Secure food processor lid and blend until mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes.
5. Spread batter evenly into prepared baking pan, using rubber spatula to scrape batter from bowl. If desire, sprinkle chocolate chips and walnuts evenly over top.
6. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of brownie comes out clean.
7. Remove pan from oven and allow brownies to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.